[gdal-dev] 1.9 Release Process

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 19 16:24:37 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Oliver Burger
<oliver.bgr at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know, you are only talking about a beta1 right now, but as package
> maintainer at Mageia, I would be interested to know if there will be any
> bigger api changes, making it difficult to build apps linking against libgdal.

Oliver,

I do not anticipate any GDAL/OGR ABI changes from now to release,
though it is possible.  If they occur we will call them out.

> By the way, do you have any roadmap for gdal-1.9?

No, not really.  There will be a NEWS file for the release.  1.9
has essentially been an incremental release.  New drivers, fixes,
improvements and few underlying improvements (ie. VSI).