[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.9.0RC1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 29 13:36:50 EST 2011

Folks,

We have not had many problems with the 1.9.0 Betas
so I have prepared a final release candidate.  I would
appreciate it being tested and any problems reported promptly.
Soon I will initiate a motion to declare the release candidate
the final release and PSC members can vote on that after
doing some checks themselves.

Source Code:
  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.9.0RC1.tar.gz
  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.9.0RC1.tar.gz.md5
  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal190RC1.zip
  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal190RC1.zip.md5

Autotest Suite:
  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdalautotest-1.9.0RC1.tar.gz

Documentation:
  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.9.0doc.zip

I will note that there is now a 1.9 branch in SVN, so new
development can continue on trunk.  Any bug fixes needed
for new 1.9.0 release candidates must be applied in the 1.9
branch as well as trunk.