[gdal-dev] Packaging GDAL in OSGeo4w

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:16:16 EST 2011

Folks,

I'd be curious to know what would be the desired process to package specific
parts of GDAL (like the various plugins or bindings) in OSGeo4w.
Currently the only reasonable approach I have in my mind is that all of the
parts are generated from a single compilation (provided to use the same
compiler and dependencies)
In this regard would that be reasonable to include the actions in the
corresponding makefile.vc in the GDAL source tree. For example I would be
happy to maintain the csharp part in the csharp makefile.vc.
We could also store the common settings (like the version information in the
package names, location of the OSGeo4w installation etc.) in nmake.opt.

Best regards,

Tamas