[gdal-dev] Gdal2tiles in Gdal18 and creating KMZ files

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.nl
Fri Feb 18 02:34:29 EST 2011

Roland,

not really an answer to your question, but note that - with a recent
gdal - you can also create kmz by using the kmlsuperoverlay output
format, e.g.:

gdal_translate -of kmlsuperoverlay <infile> out.kmz

your infile need be a rgb or rgba format (if you want to maintain
transparency, add '-co format=png' to the gdal_translate command,
otherwise jpeg's will be created for the tiles).

Regards,
Vincent.