[gdal-dev] Re: Gdal2tiles in Gdal18 and creating KMZ files

Vadim Shlyakhov vadp.devl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 06:12:12 EST 2011

brian <rush <at> winkey.org> writes:

> the problem is in /12/1211/2558.kml line 26
>
> <href>2558.png</href>
>
> this should be a relative path from the root of the zipfile not from
> 2558.kml

Hello Brian,

I've made another tile cutter (http://code.google.com/p/tilers-tools/). It
produces a directory tree in a manner which is very similar to gdal2tiles.py. So
I had a look into this problem.

I must say it didn't work for me either: GE shows KML just fine, but if I zip a
dir tree into KMZ it fails altogether. I've tried relative paths to PNGs, to
internal KMLs. All these were to no avail.

I think that the problem actually lies in '<NetworkLink>' things and I still
cannot get a clue on these.

I wonder if you have (or can produce manually) a sample of working KMZ with
superoverlays, so I'd be able to have a look