[gdal-dev] Problem with gdal 1.8 -- segmentation fault on large image with gdaladdo

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Jan 1 05:47:06 EST 2011

> What's the new ceiling on image size for overview calculation?

The same as before hopefully. I'm not sure what the limit is. From a quick look
at the code, I'd say perhaps if the raster_width * 64 > 2 billion. This could be
probably overcomeby modifying the algorithm if it became a limit in real use
cases, but I'm not aware of someone having reported it up to here...