[gdal-dev] GDAL autotest optional/slow tests

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jan 6 15:17:34 EST 2011

Hi,

For those running the GDAL autotest suite, I just wanted to notify that I have
added a mechanism to add 'slow' tests that aren't normaly run to avoid making
a run of the autotest suite to last for too long. If the environment variable
GDAL_RUN_SLOW_TESTS is set to YES when running the autotest, those tests will
be run, otherwise they will be skipped (currently, there are just 2 such
tests)

The justificiation is that some tests that trigger particular bugs, or that try
to be exhaustive when testing some feature, cannot be written in a way where
they will run fast (because of the algorithmic complexity, or the need to
create big files, to use lots of memory, etc...) But it is a pity not to be
able to test them on request, hence that mechanism.

Disclaimer : slow tests ... may be really slow ;-)

Best regards,

Even