[gdal-dev] mrsid nmake.opt

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:27:00 EST 2011

2011/1/11 Kirk McKelvey <kmckelvey at lizardtech.com>

> Tamas, from what I understand you have tweaked the layout of the MrSID SDK
> used in your daily windows builds.  Depending on the details this might work
> for you anyway; if it doesn’t, let me know.

Kirk,

The changed were breaking, I'm about to fix that in some way. I would have
the following questions:

1. Do we officially drop support for the older dsdk-s for example:
Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167.win32-vc7 which use a different directory layout as
expected by the new nmake.opt. For example the recent SDK is no available
for MSVC2003 and therefore we should probably use this older version.

2. Am I right that all the magic in the new nmake.opt is related how to set
MSRID_LIB, MRSID_INCLUDE and MRSID_FLAGS dynamically which I could also set
manually by not specifying MRSID_DIR in the builds?

3. Do we have a reason to include geotiff in the mrsid makefile?

Best regards,

Tamas