[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.8.0 Released

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jan 24 14:31:00 EST 2011

Thanks to all on the gdal/ogr team who worked hard to make this release
happen!

gdal/ogr is getting better and better and is one of the most important
corner stones of Open Source GIS! The rapid success of Open Source
Desktop and Web-GIS (like QGIS, gvSIG, OpenLayers, and to a certain
extent also GRASS) is only possible because of the very good base libraries.

Congrats,
Andreas