[gdal-dev] MSSQL GDAL 1.8.0 Feature problem

Matthew Blackler matt at mattblackler.com
Sun Jan 23 17:19:16 EST 2011

Dear all,

I have downloaded v1.8.0 and am using .net CSharp bindings to connect into
MSSQL such:

"MSSQL:SERVER=MATT-ACERPC\\SQLExpress;tables=categ(geom);Initial
Catalog=Crown_GIS;Integrated Security=True";

I am able to connect and retrieve the driver ok.  I am able to get the Layer
"Categ" from the datasource, no problem.  However, the extent of the layer,
feature counts, and even the "get" of features using the nextfeature cursor
fails to retrieve any features or information for me.

Any obvious pointers as to why iterating through a layer with a known number
of features (4,000 ish) would result in returning nothing (i.e. no feature
back from the getnextfeature), or why the extent of a layer would be
reported as being 0,0,0,0?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Looking forward to leveraging OGR to
making our apps datasource independant, and throwing away the shackles of
ArcObjects!

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Blackler

Email: matt at mattblackler.com