[gdal-dev] Problem with GEOTIFF

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 26 21:16:38 EST 2011

On 11-01-25 03:09 PM, Fernando Cacciola wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a geotiff image which, according to its accompaning htm, uses the
> WGS_1984 Datum.
>
> However, when I call GDALGetProjectionRef() it fails, returning
> "GCS tag not found", plus
>
> ENR_L01.tif (from ENR_L01.zip)
> Failed to setup Geographic Coordinate System
> FAILED with error: 2
>

> What can I do?

Fernando,

It might be helpful to see a listgeo report on the tiff file.  Listgeo
is a utility associated with libgeotiff and might already be available on
your system or easily installed.

I haven't been able to identify where the "GCS tag not found" error message
is coming from.  It does not seem to be part of the OGRSpatialReference,
GeoTIFF driver, or libgeotiff code.