[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.8 - Switch Thrown

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 09:52:46 EST 2011

Did anybody else try to use the now standard Visual Studio built GDAL
DLL (which was much discussed some time ago here and is now available
from Tamas' site) in a MinGW environment?

I spent some time a week or two ago on the issue, but I had a hard time,
which AFAIK is because the DLL mixes two function export methods and
thus using the standard tools seems difficult if not impossible (I
already downloaded the sources for latest GNU dlltool and considered
hacking it...)

The best page about the issue I found so far is this:
http://wyw.dcweb.cn/stdcall.htm

Anybody have any ideas? Is my observation about the two export methods
correct and why is that?

Ari