[gdal-dev] PDF via podofo

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Tue Jul 12 06:59:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am still having troubles with a build with PDF support. I used to have
a working solution for my gdalread MEX by using poppler 0.14, however
now GDAL gives an error when linking with it (something about a member
that does not exist). So I turned again to 0.16 and managed to compile
everything. But now Matlab just crash when I read a pdf (repeat, before
it used to work).
Next I tried the podofo (funny name) library. Everything compiles fine
but a PDF driver does not exit when print the available drivers (and
obviously, reading pdf does not work).
I also noted that grepping "PODOFO_ENABLED" for the entire GDAL tree, it
only shows up once, in nmake.opt.

Ah, it's a Windows build that I'm talking about.

Joaquim Luis