[gdal-dev] PDF via podofo

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Tue Jul 12 07:29:08 EDT 2011

On 12-07-2011 12:20, Even Rouault wrote:
> Le mardi 12 juillet 2011 12:59:31, Joaquim Luis a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am still having troubles with a build with PDF support. I used to have
>> a working solution for my gdalread MEX by using poppler 0.14, however
>> now GDAL gives an error when linking with it (something about a member
>> that does not exist).
> Error at compile time about fillGooString() missing, with a very recent trunk ?
> If so, I've just fixed it when testing compilation on CentOS 6 that ships with
> poppler 0.12.4.

Exactly.

>> So I turned again to 0.16 and managed to compile
>> everything. But now Matlab just crash when I read a pdf (repeat, before
>> it used to work).
> Hum I guess you run into cross-heap issues related to different versions of the
> MSVC Runtime...

Perhaps but I am very careful in maintaining separate directories with
libs compiled with a certain compiler (I swap between VS2010 and Intel
32, 64) and than always link with the libs created with the same
compiler. That's why I want to be able to compile all dependencies that
I use to build GDAL.

>> Next I tried the podofo (funny name) library. Everything compiles fine
>> but a PDF driver does not exit when print the available drivers (and
>> obviously, reading pdf does not work).
>> I also noted that grepping "PODOFO_ENABLED" for the entire GDAL tree, it
>> only shows up once, in nmake.opt.
> Yes, there was something missing in frmts/makefile.vc. I think I've just fixed
> it (untested though)
>
> So 'svn update' and retry

Thanks, I'll try it later today.

Joaquim