[gdal-dev] FileGDB OGR driver test

Peter Halls P.Halls at york.ac.uk
Thu Jul 14 05:58:34 EDT 2011

Jeff,

   how was the OSM data imported into ArcCatalog? Using Data Interop, the
OSM Editor or something else? I ask because I have recently had a tortuous
time importing OSM data into ArcGIS and am aware that there are a number of
open issues in this arena. The lack of an extent would be a minor issue
compared to some of those I've experienced, but just might explain part of
one of them.

Best wishes,

Peter

On Jul 13 2011, Jeff McKenna wrote:

>More feedback on the FileGDB driver:
>
>- we're trying to access an OSM road network for Colorado, stored in fgb
>format, created with ArcCatalog 10.0
>(ftp://ftp.usace.army.mil/pub/erdc/crrel/rsgis/osm_colo_roads.zip)
>
>- using gdal-trunk and FileGDB_API_1_0Final
>
>- when executing ogrinfo for some reason the EXTENT is not displayed in
>the results, such as:
>
>{{{
>ogrinfo osm_colo_roads.gdb united_states_united_states_colorado_highway -so
>INFO: Open of `osm_colo_roads.gdb'
>       using driver `FileGDB' successful.
>
>Layer name: united_states_united_states_colorado_highway
>Geometry: Multi Line String
>Feature Count: 106940
>Layer SRS WKT:
>GEOGCS["WGS 84",
>     DATUM["WGS_1984",
>         SPHEROID["WGS 84",6378137,298.257223563,
>             AUTHORITY["EPSG","7030"]],
>         AUTHORITY["EPSG","6326"]],
>     PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,
>         AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],
>     UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,
>         AUTHORITY["EPSG","9122"]],
>     AUTHORITY["EPSG","4326"]]
>FID Column = OBJECTID
>Geometry Column = SHAPE
>TYPE: String (0.0)
>NAME: String (0.0)
>ONEWAY: String (0.0)
>LANES: Real (0.0)
>}}}
>
>Has anyone else noticed this? (testing with OGR-created fgb seems to
>output extents fine)
>
>Thanks.
>
>-jeff

Peter Halls, GIS Advisor & Acting Team Leader Applications Support Group,
             Information Directorate, University of York
Snail Mail: c/o IT Services, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, England
Telephone: 01904 323806   FAX: 01904 323740

This message has the status of a private & personal communication