[gdal-dev] building GDAL for Java with ECW support

alxster alxster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:15:40 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am completely new in compiling in C/C++

I am using MingW/MSYS as for instructions in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingWithMinGW

For first I downloaded ERDAS SDK and tried to enable ECW support as in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ECW

But support is still disabled.

on this newsletter arc I've found just old posts with broken links.

Is there any uptated tutorial (as easy as possible) to build a win32
gdal.dll to be used by gdal.jar Java JNI, with ECW support?

thanks