[gdal-dev] building GDAL additional formats for iOS

Paul Lohr pmlpml001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 03:58:53 EDT 2011

I have the build_for_iphoneos.sh script from the Christopher Stawarz's pseudogreen website. After working through a few issues, it successfully installs GDAL. Now I would like to add things like ECW support, SID support, expat, libkml, and libcurl. I have downloaded the source code for most of these additional formats. The build_for_iphoneos.sh file changes quite a few settings. Do I need to change the same settings when I run configure for these additional formats? Here are some of the items changed by the build_for_iphoneos.sh file:

GCC_VERSION=4.2
IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.2
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6

and:

./configure --host=armv6-apple-darwin --disable-shared --enable-static

Just to restate the question, do I need to change the same settings that were changed for GDAL when I run configure for each additional format that I install?

Thank you for any help,
Paul Lohr