[gdal-dev] building GDAL for Java with ECW support

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Jul 25 05:46:08 EDT 2011

Selon Nicolas Simon <nicolas.simon at spw.wallonie.be>:

> Hi,
> 	Concerning convertion from MSVC .lib to GCC import library .a,
>       help could by find here
>
> 	http://jrfonseca.planetaclix.pt/projects/gnu-win32/software/reimp/index.html

Yes I know reimp, but AFAIR, it doesn't work well with C++ symbols, which the
ECW SDK contains. Perhaps this has improved, but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

Anyway the freely downloadable Visual Studio Express might be a better starting
point. GDAL can be built with it.

And/or start from Tamas Szekeres daily builds and customize them (there are
source packages) to your needs.