[gdal-dev] Problem Compiling with Oracle (--with-oci)

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Tue Jun 21 13:38:48 EDT 2011

What would need changed in the configure file? There is no reference
there to the non-existent libexpat.

I'm not familiar with spec files... but if I wanted to learn - what
could I do there that I couldn't do in the configure/make process? The
spec file still uses the package's build system right?

It's not until the final linking with libtool that the problem happens,
I just don't know what I need to tell libtool to get it to smarten up...

Surely other people have compiled with support for oracle 11g? CentOS is
just repackaged RHEL.... I don't know what I'm doing that is out of the
ordinary here.

Chris