[gdal-dev] Problem Compiling with Oracle (--with-oci)

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Tue Jun 21 16:19:50 EDT 2011

Thanks for the confirmation Mike. I'm guessing the oracle instant client
was compiled with a bit more care for the use of external developers.
However I have managed to get a successful compile after setting the
LDFLAGS environment variable to include the oracle lib folder (to get
their old expat onto the path):

export LDFLAGS=-L/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/lib/

and then configured with the gdal expat turned off (if I leave it on I
end up with the same original problem):

./configure --with-oci=/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/ --with-expat=no

I still have to test if this actually lets me connect to oracle. If not
I'll download the instant client and try configuring/compiling against that.

Thanks,
Chris