[gdal-dev] JAXAPalsar 1.0 & 1.1 extended metadata reading support

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Sun Jun 26 12:39:49 EDT 2011

Hi Frank,

Il 26/06/2011 13:42, Frank Warmerdam ha scritto:
> On 11-06-26 06:34 AM, Antonio Valentino wrote:
>> Hi Frank,

[...]

>> Looking deeper into the ceos2 code it seems to me that the "recipe" for
>> decoding ALOS-PALSAR products do not match at all specifications I can
>> find at
>>
>> http://www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS/en/doc/fdata/PALSAR_L10_J_ENa.zip
>>
>> Does that recipe refers to another format specification document?
>
> Antonio,
>
> I don't know.

well, in this case I guess it is not a good idea to modify that recipe
in any manner

>> Also, regarding the ceos2 driver in general, I didn't find an obvious
>> way to support CEOS products with multiple image files (like multi
>> polarization PALSAR or ALOS PRISM).
>
> Ah, that may well have been part of Phil's rationale for handling
> multi-polarization data with custom drivers.  I don't know how hard
> it would be to do so within the existing SAR_CEOS driver.

OK, thank you for confirming my analysis

> Possibly you could set up a multi-polarization driver based on the
> low level ceos2 code but with a somewhat different recipe mechanism?

Yes I could try.

A new CEOS multi-band driver could be used for ALOS (all three sensors)
and Landsat.
There are other sensors that could be interesting to support?
Where can I find pointers and format spec?

ciao

--
Antonio Valentino