[gdal-dev] Warping an image from C

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu May 5 14:16:59 EDT 2011

Le mercredi 04 mai 2011 16:52:02, Bborie Park a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently in the process of seeing what can be done to expose
> GDAL's C warp functions to PostGIS Raster and am wondering if I have
> hit a roadblock.
>
> >From the docs for gdal_alg.h, it appears that the warp functionality
>
> available is limited to GDALSimpleImageWarp and its limitations.  Is
> this conclusion correct?  I did take a look at gdalwarpsimple.c
> (https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/apps/gdalwarpsimple.c) and it
> appears to confirm my initial thoughts.
>
> Are there any plans to expand the C warp API?  If not, would anyone
> mind if I took a stab at it?

I was going to answer : no, indeed there isn't any C warp API for the "full
warping mode" (i.e. for what would be needed by the gdalwarp utility), because
I know that gdalwarp.cpp (the source code of gdalwarp utility) use a few C++
warp API, but I rechecked for confirmation and in alg/gdalwarper.h I can
actually see :

GDALWarpOperationH CPL_DLL GDALCreateWarpOperation(const GDALWarpOptions* );
void CPL_DLL GDALDestroyWarpOperation( GDALWarpOperationH );
CPLErr CPL_DLL GDALChunkAndWarpImage( GDALWarpOperationH, int, int, int, int
);
CPLErr CPL_DLL GDALChunkAndWarpMulti( GDALWarpOperationH, int, int, int, int
);

So I believe you can accomplish from C code all what gdalwarp does currently
do. Do you need something else ?