[gdal-dev] Polygon assembly has failed for feature FIDN

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun May 8 09:06:16 EDT 2011

On 11-05-08 08:28 AM, Gabriel Breahna wrote:
> Hello,
> I am receiving this error into the MS_ERRORFILE log file:
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'danube'.
> msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. IllegalArgumentException: Points of LinearRing
> do not form a closed linestring
>
> The command:
> $ ogrinfo 3R7D0421.000 DEPARE
> for the bad polyline is returning:
> Warning 1: Polygon assembly has failed for feature
> FIDN=1245675120,FIDS=1.Geometry may be missing or incomplete.
> 44.080779999999997,26.75515 44.080759999999998,26.755099999999999
> 44.080750000000002))

Gabriel,

I have briefly reviewed the MapServer code for reading from OGR and it
does not *look* like a warning should terminate the feature fetching
loop.  Would it be possible for you to file a ticket against MapServer
including a simple mapfile demonstrating the issue and a pointer to
the data file?   Please ensure it is assigned to "warmerdam" or email
me privately after it is created.

Please be specific about the versions of GDAL/OGR and MapServer you
are using.

 > With the same file OpenCPN is working/rendering fine.
 > Any idea how to do in order to be able to show this layer?

I'm guessing that OpenCPN is just less sensitive to the problem in the
data.