[gdal-dev] Datum Shifts with OSR.CoordinateTransform

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Tue May 10 05:26:42 EDT 2011

Steve

In newer versions of the WKT definition there is sometimes a TOWGS84[...] tag included which contains the 7 shifting parameters, but I don't know if this is already a standard notation and if GDAL automatically takes this into account when found.

What should normally work is to use the Proj4 notation which includes the tag
  +towgs84=.....

and then define the projection via the method
  ImportFromProj4()

armin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------