[gdal-dev] Datum Shifts with OSR.CoordinateTransform

srweal srweal at gmail.com
Mon May 9 23:07:23 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm using the C# wrapper and GDAL/OGR binaries from Tamas' repository
(http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/) and am trying to do coordinate
transformation that includes a datum shift on a geometry.

I'm wanting to understand how I can control what shift parameters are used
when calling the MyGeometry.Transform(MyTransform) method.

I have been creating the CoordinateTransform by using the basic constructor
(i.e. new CoordinateTransform(SourceSR, TargetSR)) but this doesn't give me
any control over the shift.  Do I need to define the shift parameters on the
actual SourceSR and TargetSR?  If so, how is this best done.

Currently I'm creating the SourceSR via the ImportFromWkt() method and
obtaining the WKT from spatialreference.org.

Thanks for any advice, examples or links you can provide with more
information.

Steve