[gdal-dev] Re: Reprojecting w/ gdalwarp .. cant figure it out

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 10 15:47:55 EDT 2011

On 11-05-10 03:32 PM, fork wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam<warmerdam<at>  pobox.com>  writes:
>
>> Dear ForkAndWait,
>>
>> I suspect you have a left over foo.tif and/or foo.tfw from previous
>> attempts.  gdalwarp will not create a new output file if the output
>> file already exists.  Otherwise your procedure seems quite reasonable.
>
> Well, I reran, and I am (1) getting errors
>   but (2) the process is working to
> completion even though it is hitting errors
> (presence of a tif was not the issue):
>
> t2010_annex/ (j=0,r=0)$ gdalwarp -s_srs utm10n.prj -t_srs spwasth.prj -co
> "TFW=YES" ortho_imagery/ortho_1-1_1n_s_wa033_
> 2009_1.tif foo.tif
> ERROR 6: No translation for Lambert_Conformal_Conic
>   to PROJ.4 format is known.

Fork,

The problem is that you have used an ESRI style file directly under the
mistaken impression that it is compatible with GDAL/OGR.  ESRI uses a
variation of the the WKT coordinate system format.

Try:
gdalwarp -s_srs utm10n.prj -t_srs ESRI::spwasth.prj \
   -co "TFW=YES" ortho_imagery/ortho_1-1_1n_s_wa033_2009_1.tif foo.tif

The ESRI:: prefix before the filename tells GDAL/OGR to convert from
ESRI format into "normal" WKT.