[gdal-dev] Having trouble compiling MrSid in GDALv1.8

Kirk McKelvey kmckelvey at lizardtech.com
Tue May 17 19:17:51 EDT 2011

I think you configured it correctly.

Although the MG4 lidar SDK can be made to read .las files, the GDAL MG4Lidar driver only knows how to read .sid files (and .view files - see docs).

I don't believe there is a way to read .las files using GDAL right now.  You'll probably need lasinfo from liblas or lidarinfo from the MG4 SDK, but these will be giving you different types of information...