[gdal-dev] Adding libKML

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Wed May 18 05:35:36 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I'm still struggling enabling new (at least for us) support for certain file
formats.
I'm working on Win7 with VS2008Pro

I'm now struggling with libKML.
I did as suggested at http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/LibKML, but downloaded
the tar ball (v1.2.0)
I found the vs2008 files and modified the boost config file.
I can compile libKML, it seems to give me the necessary lib files.

I've enable libKML in nmake.opt of gdalv1.8 but when I compile I get this
error:
error C2039: 'DeleteFeatureAt' : is not a member of 'kmldom::Container'  in
ogrlibkmldatasource.cpp

Now I got the trunk version and am able to compile libkml again.
But now the error in GDAL is
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall
kmldom::XalAddressDetails::XalAddressDetails(void)"
(??0XalAddressDetails at kmldom@@AAE at XZ) in  libkmldom.lib

I have no idea how to continue.

Thanks,

Paul