[gdal-dev] Ogr2ogr -flip_coordinates

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Nov 3 14:38:45 EDT 2011

> But what can I do with this file
> http://latuviitta.org/documents/inspire_au.xml with a schema
> http://latuviitta.org/documents/inspire_au.xsd ?
>
> It is in EPSG:3067 which in really an Easting-Northing system but the file
> has written as Northing-Easting as if it were EPSG:25835.

I'm afraid you can do nothing (apart complaining at the producer). The content
of the file is just not consistant with its declared CRS. There's often
confusion when EPSG declares a CRS as being Northing-Easting or Latitude-
Longitude, but when EPSG declares it as Easting-Northing, there's no reason
why you would put the coordinates in a different order !!!

> EPSG:3067 and
> 25835 are just the same ETRS89 / UTM zone 35N but the latter is officially
> Northing-Easting.

Hum, GDAL (as reported by "gdalsrsinfo EPSG:25835") sees both as Easting-
Northing ordered. What is your reference for EPSG:25835 being ordered as
Northing-Easting ?