[gdal-dev] Re: JP2KAK Resilience Mode

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Nov 7 15:02:00 EST 2011

Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam <at> pobox.com> writes:

> Folks,
>
> If you never use the JP2KAK driver you can stop reading now.

What is the method for us poor Windows users for getting JP2KAK support
nowadays? We have a license and Kakadu SDK but no tools nor knowledge for doing
anything difficult. However, we have terabytes of JPEG2000 images to play with.
Just last week I came back to some of our 7, 8 and 9 channel Landsat images
including channels with 15, 30 and 60 m resolution and the only way to handle
those was to use Kakadu utility programs. Also some of my odd jpf experiments
could only be decoded by kdu_expand and I would like to have a try with gdal and
JP2KAK.
Alternatively I can make a few test images available for download.

-Jukka Rahkonen-