[gdal-dev] VSIF and Python

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:39:22 EST 2011

Yes, VSI* has been implemented in gdal 1.8.0, you should use the
latest stable 1.8.1.

You have this in debian experimental, but I don't use debian so can't
comment on how "experimental" the debian gdal 1.8 builds are.
You can also build gdal yourself from source.

Provided you upgrade to 1.8.1, you should be able to reproduce [2]
using the vsimem interface.

Etienne