[gdal-dev] KMLSuperOverlay in Google Earth 6.1.0.5001

Kyle Shannon KShannon at gcs-research.com
Fri Nov 18 14:04:13 EST 2011

I doubt they will change the spec, and I am sure you are right about the many bad files.  I imagine that most people just checked the output from his or her program in google earth and said "Good enough".  If no one gets around to it before I get off work and to a *nix workstation, I will file a ticket and a patch.  It is probably safe to backport to 1.8 as well.