[gdal-dev] Help on GDAL 1.8.1 .dll files for C#

Zhenyu Lu luzhenyu1981 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 17:01:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

Is there any possibilities that any kind-hearted guys can send me the
compiled .dll files of GDAL 1.8.1 for C#. I am trying to compile these .dll
files this whole afternoon, but failed all the time.
I used to create tools using GDAL 1.5.2 and C#. These tools run well under
the OS of XP, but these days I would like to run the tools under the Windows
7. It always remind me that "initialize the OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal throw an
exception".
I am guessing is that because the 1.5.2 is too old to work on Windows 7.
Then I decided to compile the most current version of GDAL 1.8.1 to see
whether it will be useful for solving the problem. I have already obtained
three .dll files for GDAL, which are gdal18, gdal_wrap, gdal_csharp. But I
noticed that two files named as gdalconst_csharp.dll and gdalconst_wrap.dll
are missing. Does the GDAL 1.8.1 require same .dll files as the GDAL 1.5.2?
Anyone send me the compiled .dll files or let me know where the possible
problem would be might save my frustrated life ^-^.
Thanks in advance for whoever can help!

--
Zhenyu Lu
SUNY-ESF