[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr (1.8.2) error cannot fetch a layer

hdam99 at gmail.com hdam99 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:05:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm using ogr2ogr to get data from a oracle view (11g2) to a gml (3.1) file.
The gml file was created as expected even I got the ERROR1: ORA-04043:
object blah does not exist errors.

Why did I get those errors even though they are in the database?

There are two views that I didn't have any data.  One of them has additional
error "FAILURE: Couldn't fetch requested layer 'AIRWAY'!

What would be the cause and would be there any work around?

Thanks - H