[gdal-dev] Re: Question regarding GDAL .dll files for C#

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 03:04:36 EDT 2011

Hi Zhenyu Lu,

You need not install the plugin dll-s if you don't require the corresponding
functionality.
With regards to the dependent dll-s, you can use the -dev packages from
http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/ to compile your own versions using the
following steps:

1. Download the -dev package according to your compiler version.
2. Extract the SDK files in a specific directory (like C:\builds)
3. Check out the gdal sources into this directory.
4. Edit makefile and comment out the unwanted dependecies, like:

#GDAL_POSTGIS = YES

5. Open a Visual studio command prompt, and type:

nmake gdal GDAL_DIR=[your gdal directory]

Best regards,

Tamas