[gdal-dev] sandbox access for non-commiters

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:26:38 EDT 2011

My main concern with using github is that the bridge between svn and
git may or may not be easy to learn.  I tried the procedure you
describe in the wiki and it was painfully slow on import.  I didn't
know that you kept it up to date, because last time I checked it was
out of date.

Is it possible as a commiter to use a single local git repository that
can be used for both the official svn (for commits) and also in github
(to interact with other contributors)?
>From your instructions it looks doable, but can you push and pull to
the github repos, and then commit changes back to gdal svn?

If that's easy then I would definitely use that approach instead of svn sandbox.

regards,
Etienne