[gdal-dev] sandbox access for non-commiters

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 6 15:38:18 EDT 2011

On 06/10/11 20:26, Etienne Tourigny wrote:
> My main concern with using github is that the bridge between svn and
> git may or may not be easy to learn.  I tried the procedure you
> describe in the wiki and it was painfully slow on import.

Yes, the initial synchronisation takes 4-5 hours.

> I didn't know that you kept it up to date, because last time I checked it was
> out of date.

There was a break due to my own system issues.

> Is it possible as a commiter to use a single local git repository that
> can be used for both the official svn (for commits) and also in github
> (to interact with other contributors)?
> From your instructions it looks doable, but can you push and pull to
> the github repos, and then commit changes back to gdal svn?

It is possible to have stream data in both directions, from and to svn,
so to push changes back from git and svn. However, I don't do that.
AFAIK, the process is fragile.

The GDAL at github is a simple mirror I synchronise with SVN,
but I don't synchronise it back, from Git to SVN.

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org