[gdal-dev] New mloskot-github-gdal-20111018.7z

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Oct 22 20:41:17 EDT 2011

2011/10/22 Mateusz Łoskot <mateusz at loskot.net>:
> 2011/10/21 Mateusz Łoskot <mateusz at loskot.net>:
>> On 21 October 2011 07:54, Antonio Valentino
>> <antonio.valentino at tiscali.it> wrote:
>>> It seems that the svn2git [1] tool (based on git-svn) is able to import
>>> svn repositories with branches in a proper way.
>>> I never used it an I don't know if it allows to push changes back to
>>> svn.
>>> Anyway since Julien only needs to generate a patch, svn2git should be
>>> good for its purposes.
>>>

>>> [1] https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git
>>
>> "(...) This is a one way sync, but allows you to use svn2git as a
>> mirroring tool for your SVN repositories."
>>
>> Thanks! It looks it is what we need.
>>
>> I will try to recreate the mirror using svn2git over the weekend.
>
> I've rebuilt GDAL mirror at GitHub using svn2git.
> I hope it's in usable state.
>
> I've also updated the Wiki with the process explanation:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UsingGitToMaintainGDALWorkflow#Gitrepositorysetupusingsvn2git

Folks,

It turns out the full SVN repo mirroring is not working well.
The GDAL Git at GitHub has broken, so moved it to gdal-old.
The svn2git pulls number of very ancient pre-SVN branches created
during CVS times
which are no longer vislble at http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal
Then gives up with weird errors which I have no idea about neither
time to investigate.

ATM, GDAL mirror at GitHub is not functioning. I'll try to bring it back ASAP.

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org