[gdal-dev] New mloskot-github-gdal-20111018.7z

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Sun Oct 23 07:17:00 EDT 2011

Hi Mateusz, hi Julien, hi Etienne,

Il 23/10/2011 02:41, Mateusz Łoskot ha scritto:
> 2011/10/22 Mateusz Łoskot <mateusz at loskot.net>:
>> 2011/10/21 Mateusz Łoskot <mateusz at loskot.net>:

>>> "(...) This is a one way sync, but allows you to use svn2git as a
>>> mirroring tool for your SVN repositories."
>>>
>>> Thanks! It looks it is what we need.
>>>
>>> I will try to recreate the mirror using svn2git over the weekend.
>>
>> I've rebuilt GDAL mirror at GitHub using svn2git.
>> I hope it's in usable state.
>>
>> I've also updated the Wiki with the process explanation:
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UsingGitToMaintainGDALWorkflow#Gitrepositorysetupusingsvn2git
>
> Folks,
>
> It turns out the full SVN repo mirroring is not working well.
> The GDAL Git at GitHub has broken, so moved it to gdal-old.
> The svn2git pulls number of very ancient pre-SVN branches created
> during CVS times
> which are no longer vislble at http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal
> Then gives up with weird errors which I have no idea about neither
> time to investigate.
>
> ATM, GDAL mirror at GitHub is not functioning. I'll try to bring it back ASAP.
>
> Best regards,

Just pushed on https://github.com/avalentino/gdal a new mirror of
https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal generated with git-svn and the --stdlayout
option (as suggested by Etienne).

The tool seems to handle both svn branches and tags ad git branches in
the svn remote, so I manually created branches and tags on the git side
pointing to them.

I should be able to sync the master branch with git-svn rebase but I
have no idea, at the moment, on hos to sync branches.

I'm going to upload a bzipped version of the git svn clone on

https://github.com/avalentino/gdal/downloads

regards

--
Antonio Valentino