[gdal-dev] Masking issue

Oyvind Idland oyvind.idland at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:01:52 EDT 2012

Hi Chaitanya,

thanks, i'll try that when I get back to it tomorrow.

But: I guess I will have to add -vrtnodata aswell, hopefully it will add
pixels to the mask ?

I have already converted all the source TIFFs to lossless compressed
GeoTiff (which don't
produce undesired JPEG artifacts), and made a VRT that tiles them together
using -vrtnodata
(suggestion from Michael Smith).

This works well, but having compression with JPEG + mask would be nice.
Some of the files
are still quite large (including gdaladdo overviews)

-- Oyvind