[gdal-dev] broken trunk build on Win

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Thu Apr 12 17:09:01 EDT 2012

On 12-04-2012 16:00, Ivan Lucena wrote:
> Olá Joaquim,
>
> Sometimes a SVN update bring things that require a complete clean up before we can rebuild it again, so you need to run:
>
> nmake -f makefile.vc clean
> nmake -f makefile.vc
> nmake -f makefile.vc install

Ivan, obrigado but ... I wish it was that simple.
After a good number of rebuilds starting with a no-depencies and
incrementally add the old ones I found the culprit. It was the "WEBP"
driver, actually one of the few that I didn't build myself but used the
"libwebp-0.1.3-windows-x86.zip" downloaded from the web site. I still
don't understand how it worked before but removing it from the
dependencies solved my problem. So here stays the warning for future
victims.

Incidentally while scanning my building options I found a note that may
be very well related to the problem recently reported by people who want
to use the OpenJpeg driver. My note says that I had to use the
preprocessor directive "USE_OPJ_DEPRECATED" for building the OpenJpeg
library.

While at this, could I make a small request that VERSION variable in
nmake.opt be wrapped in a IFNDEF so that we can optionally set it inside
nmake.local? It would be something like

# Version number embedded in DLL name.
!IFNDEF VERSION_DLL
VERSION =    19