[gdal-dev] Re: Adding GMLJP2 metadata into existing JPEG2000 file

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Apr 13 09:30:44 EDT 2012

Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> mines-paris.org> writes:

> Jukka,
>
> Your question made me look more closely at the capabilities of the JP2Box
> support in GDAL, and I discovered that I had to write just a few lines of code
> to add support for writing georeferencing in the existing openjpeg driver. See
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/24220#file2 . Basically you just need to
> write the boxes at the end of the existing file.

I checked with Kakadu kdu_show and J2K-codec JP Metadata Editor that the GML
boxes look good. However, there is probably something wrong with the GeoJP2 UUID
box. It might be good to correct also into
trunk/gdal/frmts/openjpeg/frmt_jp2openjpeg.html  that the GeoJP2 box is really
UUID box and not GML box.

-Jukka Rahkonen-