[gdal-dev] aux/lyr/rrd raster dataset?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Apr 27 09:57:39 EDT 2012

Selon Ari Jolma <ari.jolma at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I got some data in files which have aux, lyr and rrd extensions. I
> believe they are raster datasets in some ESRI or ERDAS formats.
>
> My GDAL did not recognize them immediately. Can somebody explain a bit
> what do I have?

Ari,

.aux and .rrd files are companion files of ERDAS Imagine datasets (whose main
files are .img). GDAL is also able to read/generate .aux/.rrd as overviews of
other raster formats.

.lyr files are ESRI specific stuff (A search lead me to
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/gis/formats.html ) and GDAL/OGR has no driver for that
one. Would be more the equivalent of a MapServer mapfile, or a QGIS project
file.

Best regards,

Even