[gdal-dev] aux/lyr/rrd raster dataset?

Smith, Michael Michael.Smith at maine.gov
Fri Apr 27 09:42:18 EDT 2012

They are all extra things that GDAL does not need:

LYR is an ArcGIS layer file, it just stores symbology and so on about
how to represent data in ArcMap.
AUX is an auxiliary statistics file which ArcGIS generates for doing
stretches, histograms, etc
RRD is a pyramid file which ArcGIS generates to display raster data
faster at various scales

These files by themselves are not raster data - they will accompany
something else, i.e. a TIFF file or something like that.

======================================
Michael Smith
State GIS Manager, Maine Office of GIS
State of Maine, Office of Information Technology
michael.smith _at_ maine.gov
207-215-5530

Board Member, Maine GeoLibrary
Board Member, Maine GIS Users Group
State Rep, National States Geographic Information Council

| MEGIS | GeoLibrary | MEGUG | NSGIC |

State House Station 174
264 Civic Center Drive
Augusta, ME 04333-0174

69 o 47' 49.5"W   44 o 20' 54.5"N

is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended recipient, please
immediately contact the sender by reply email and destroy/delete all
copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, copying,
forwarding, disclosure, or distribution by other than the intended
recipient or authorized agent is prohibited.