[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr - M-values?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Aug 3 06:19:48 PDT 2012

Selon Markus Persson <Markus.Persson at vitec.se>:

> Hello!
>
> I have tried using ogr2ogr to get Oracle data to a .shp-file, this seems to
> work nice most of the times but not on my point objects. The .shp-file get X,
> Y and Z-values, but no M. And when I try to load this into DotSpatial so does
> it say that the .shp-file is wrong.
> I tried another tool and created a .shp-file from the same data, and the only
> difference is that the .shp-file got some M-values and DotSpatial could load
> that.
>
> So I think I have two options. Which one is the right one?
>

> 1)      Force ogr2ogr to output some M-values. How do I do this?
>
> 2)      Ogr2ogr works as intended and the fault is at DotSpatial? I have
> created an issue already and waiting for an answer.

OGR data model doesn't support the M dimension. It will get ignored (not sure
what the Oracle driver does however with geometries with M). However it should
always produce valid shapefiles and that would be suprising if it produced wrong
shapefiles and that it wouldn't been detected before. So there's perhaps
something with DotSpatial.