[gdal-dev] Compiling libCurl with GDAL v1.9

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 05:46:47 PDT 2012

Thanks all for your help.

@Jeff: I've tried that approach last year (with GDAL v1.8) and it gave me
nothing but trouble.
That is the reason I wanted to use precompiled curl libraries this time.

@Jukka, Tamas: I've successfully downloaded the zip files from
http://gisinternals.com/sdk/ and extracted the necessary files for Curl.
I didn't know that was possible.
This gave me the possibility to compile GDAL with our own settings AND use
the precompiled curl libraries.

As said I can compile now. I will now test if it is really working ;)
Perhaps the web page http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/LibCurl should be
updated?

Thanks,

Paul