[gdal-dev] compiling gdal 1.9.1 with grass support

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 08:36:59 PDT 2012

Hi, I am trying to compile gdal (version 1.9.1). Compiling without GRASS
support, configure (and make / make install) works fine.

Compiling with GRASS 6.4.3
(--with-grass=/usr/local/grass6.4/grass-6.4.3svn) also works fine.

Running configure with support for GRASS 7 (
--with-grass=/usr/local/grass7/grass-7.0.svn) fails, with the error
message: configure: error: HDF4 support requested with arg "yes", but
neither hdf4 nor mfhdf lib found

Any idea how to solve this?

Paulo

p.s. I know of the gdal-grass plugin, but that doesn't support GRASS 7
(yet), so I am now trying to get gdal with GRASS support.