[gdal-dev] GSoC Image Correlator

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 27 09:12:13 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Even Rouault
<even.rouault at mines-paris.org> wrote:
> Making algorithm work with imagery that is piece-wise loaded can be very
> complicated indeed. And if you try to correlate images that are taken by sensors
> that have very different angles, then you could need to correlate parts that are
> not at all at the same position in the 2 images.

Even,

I think it will actually not be too hard to remove this problem
with loading the whole image.  It seems that the reference
point objects (the somewhat poorly named GDALFeaturePoint)
stores a "descriptor" representation of the point with it and so
after these are collected from one of the images it is not
necessary to keep the original image in memory.

I'm still not sure how to handle the image scaling and
conversion to a luminosity image more smoothly.