[gdal-dev] "Too many points" for GDALSuggestedWarpOutput with Ozi .map

Nik Sands nixanz at nixanz.com
Tue Dec 4 18:53:33 PST 2012

Hi GDAL devs,

I have a problem with GDALSuggestedWarpOutput producing an error.  It works for most of the files I've thrown at it, but I have one file that a user has sent me for which the error occurs.  The file in question can be downloaded for testing at:  https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12436846/715lkmaps.zip

My code and the output are below.  GDALSuggestedWarpOutput produces the error:

"ERROR 1: Too many points (13924 out of 13924) failed to transform, unable to compute output bounds."

Could somebody please explain how I can avoid this problem and warp the image correctly?

Thanks,
Nik.

CODE:
------------------------------------
		OSRImportFromEPSG(dstSRS, 3857 );
		OSRExportToWkt( dstSRS, (char **)&pszDstWKT );

		void *hTransformArg = GDALCreateGenImgProjTransformer( hSrcDS, pszSrcWKT, NULL, pszDstWKT, FALSE, 0, 1 );
		double adfDstGeoTransform[6];
		int nPixels=0, nLines=0;

		if ( GDALSuggestedWarpOutput( hSrcDS, GDALGenImgProjTransform, hTransformArg, adfDstGeoTransform, &nPixels, &nLines ) != CE_None )
		{
			NSLog(@"Failed to get suggested warp output.");
			return NO;
		}