[gdal-dev] Geolocation Arrays ??

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 16:05:58 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Etienne Tourigny
<etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to have information on the status of geolocation array
> support in GDAL.
>
> The relevant RFC4 (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc4_geolocate)  is
> still "under development", and the information there is that
> GDALCreateGeoLocTransformer "is currently partially implemented".

Etienne,

I think the geoloc transformer received some fixes from someone
other than myself and now is working reasonable well.  It would
be desirable to freshen up the RFC and get it passed but it isn't
particularly a priority of mine so I'm not likely to drive it in the
very near future.